Monday, November 18, 2013

This is a brother like no other... JT

JT

Chateau de Nages - 2010 
Costieres De Nimes -
This is the brother to the wine I blogged about last week:
Chateau De Nages Costieres De Nimes - Red Rhone Wine - 2010 vintage.

Total wine said they considered it a reserve.

I was back at Total Wine again and saw this wine.  I spoke with the clerk, they actually know their wine, not to mention the have very cute clerks.  The price point was $19.99 a bottle.  I just get tired of tasting the same wine, so I Thought I would try it.

I kind of have a saying I love my wines that start with J.  Josh, Justin, J. Lohr, Jordan, Joseph, and now JT.

The Gassier family owns the vineyard in Southern Rhone region.  They produce about 50,000 cases a year with about 1/3 of this being imported in the US.  This wine is 95% Syrah and 5% Mourvedre.  This wine cuts a broad swath with dark anise, plum, and steeped black current.  The finish is inlaid with graphite and smoky tobacco for definition.  This is a big red, but balanced well.

Get yourself out to Total Wine or you liquor store and make a purchase.  Well worth it.




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete