Thursday, November 14, 2013

In Love with my French Wines

I have been trying a lot of French wines lately.  I have to say you almost cannot go wrong with anything from Cotes de Rhone or Bordeaux region of France.  I just keep finding great wines.

I was at Total Wine in Norfolk, VA and for those of you that have a Total Wine.

Chateau De Nages Costieres De Nimes - Red Rhone Wine - 2010 vintage.

I drank this bottle over two nights.  The price point at Total Wine is $14.99 and it was a great wine.  I really enjoyed it.

This is a wine that combines leathery, cedary notes with touches of spice and red fruit. It's supple, creamy and inviting, with a long, softly tannic finish." Enjoy with a pork tenderloin and fruit glaze.  I had it with chicken and spinach.

This wine is a blend of 60% Grenache, 20% Syrah, and 10% Mourvedre, where the Mourvedre and Syrah are aged, on lees, in barrel, and the Grenache all in tank. Showing classic old vine Grenache character, with loads of licorice-laced blackberry fruit, smoked herbs, garrigue, pepper, and earthy minerality, it hits the palate with a medium to full-bodied, voluptuous and rich texture, notable balance, and a grippy, chewy finish. High quality stuff and well worth the effort to track down; it should shine for 5-8 years, if not longer.  It has received 91 points from Wine Enthusiast Magazine.  Try it, you will love it.

It will make a great impression at your table and your next dinner..... keep loving the wine :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment