Tuesday, September 16, 2014

French Cuvee "G" Amazing - Try it today

Domaine Le Colombier Vacqueyras Cuvee G 2007This evening I wanted a treat and I went to the local wine store and it didn't take me long to find one.

After opening the bottle I noticed the deep intense color and said to myself - YUM.

This wine is a Grenache and Syrah and is 14.5% alcohol
 from the Rhone region in France.

The bouquet is very complex with flowers and ripe dark fruits. With A harmonious touch of vanilla. Finely balanced, the cuvee G show silky tannins and well balanced with an exceptional length.  It would go great with spicy food, lamb, and/or something with rosemary.

It is soooo smooth and luxurious.  Worth every penny.  I think I paid $24.99 a bottle.  Wine Spectator rated this wine #39 of the top 100 for the year 2010. 

Get some today before it is all gone.

Notice the Cuvee "G".  This is like the batch of wine.  In the French tradition, you may see this on a label.  It has several different meanings in French, but the concept is the tank of wine that the bottle came from.  Please note this is not regulated or mean that the wine is of superior quality, but it will help you find the batch you liked and usually means the wine is of higher quality.


No comments:

Post a Comment